Bon Jovi Starts New Song

With Bon Jovi's latest world tour completed, guitarist Richie Sambora says the New Jersey rockers are looking ahead to plenty of new projects.

"We've been filming a documentary and are in the process of mixing a live DVD of last year's 'Lost Highway' concert tour," Sambora told Billboard.com.

"Also, I think we're looking at doing a greatest hits album next year. Jon (Bon Jovi) and I are writing some new songs for it and to just load up for the next Bon Jovi record."

Bon Jovi's last hits set, the 14-track "Cross Road," came out in 1994.

Sambora expected the DVD and latest best-of effort to come out next fall. The Nashville-tinged "Lost Highway" was a critical and commercial success, but Sambora said the band won't necessarily return to that style again.

"No, we have to change," he said. "We have to do something different. I don't know what that's going to be. As we get into the writing process and continue on, we'll see what that's going to look like. I think it comes to stylistically what songs you're writing. What kind of music is coming out of you, and what's the mood of those songs. You have to color those little drawings with the right production value and the right music."

Outside of Bon Jovi, Sambora is staying active with various extracurricular opportunities. He recently joined B.B. King on stage in Chicago for the taping of a PBS special, and took part in a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum tribute concert for guitar icon Les Paul last Saturday in Cleveland.

"I've also been doing multiple sessions out here, some odd recordings with Kid Rock and T.I., some crazy stuff," Sambora said. "So I've been busy. Also, I'm going to be scoring some movies and TV shows. One of the movies is 'The Tournament' with Ving Rhames."

Sambora was also looking ahead to next year, when Bon Jovi will become eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

"I hope so," Sambora said with a laugh. "Time flies, man. But yeah, there's talk and rumors. Boy, that would be nice. It's something certainly I've been shooting for all my life. I think if you have a career in the music business, you want to get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum."



Get free daily email updates!

Follow us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...